- I am a minor or a student; can I still apply?
- Yes, however in the case of minors, we require parental or legal guardian consent.
- Can I submit application documents in English?
- Please submit applications either in English or Japanese.
- I can’t speak Japanese; can I still apply?
- You may apply as long as you speak English.
- It looks like some of the Open Network Lab mentors are from overseas, but I can’t speak English.
- No worries! Open Network Lab staff will translate if necessary.
- Are teams with multiple services eligible to apply for the program?
- Yes, however due to the limited time we can provide for each team during the interview process, it will be necessary to talk about each service within a fixed amount of time. Therefore, the time to promote and appeal each service will be shortened.
About the Interview Process
- Will the interview be conducted in Japanese?
- We can interview in either Japanese or English.
- Is it required for all team members to be present during the interview?
- No, any number of team members may participate provided that they are able to describe the service and answer any questions that may be asked.
- Can we receive feedback on the application results?
- Due to the large quantity of applications, we do not give out feedback on application results.
- Do I have to stay in Tokyo (in Kanto Area) during the program?
- If you can participate in the program contents as necessary.
- Does the office space include a lodging area?
- Unfortunately, our space does not include a lodging area.
- What is the fee to join the program?
- The program is free of cost.
About application of seed program
- There are no engineers on my team; can I still apply?
- We will gladly accept applications of all candidates regardless of the structure of your team. However, it is expected that your product is developed and released during the duration of the program; therefore, precedence goes to teams with engineers.
- Can I still apply even if my company is not yet incorporated?
- If your company is not yet incorporated, you can apply ONLY for the Seed Accelerator Program but not the Corporate Program. However, if you want to receive an investment, it is necessary to have your company incorporated during the program. In this case, we can support you with corporate registration.
- I am the only member in the team; can I still apply?
- Yes, however we expect you to develop and release your product by the end of the program.
- Can I participate in the program even if I have already raised seed money?
- We welcome all companies, whether or not they have raised money.
- Is there a limit to the number of times I can apply?
- We highly encourage startups who have been rejected during the application process to iterate their idea and apply again.
About seed program
- Can I participate in other programs at the same time?
- We ask that teams refrain from joining multiple programs at the same time so they don’t mix up priorities and tasks.
Please contact us for other questions.